Black Fungus: Causes, Symptoms, and Prevention
- Due to black fungus.
- How does black fungus enter the body?
- Symptoms of having black fungus.
- Can you get an infection of Kovid-19 and Black Fungus and both?
- Prevention of the Black Fungus.
Black fungus infection (mucormycosis) has become a concern for health experts. Cases of death are increasing rapidly all over India due to black fungus infection. It is affecting Kovid patients as well as those who have recovered from the coronavirus. Most cases of black fungus in India have been found in Maharashtra, Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh, and Uttarakhand.
Due to black fungus
- According to health experts – ‘steroid abuse’ or steroids during the treatment of Kovid is the leading cause of black fungus (mucormycosis).
- Black fungus mainly affects people who have health problems or take medicines that reduce the body’s immunity.
- After the treatment of Kovid, the person’s immunity decreases due to which he becomes a victim of black fungal infection.
- People who suffer from diabetes or are covid patients of diabetes are more likely to get infected.
According to health experts- ‘misuse of steroids’ or steroids during the treatment of Kovid is the leading cause of black fungus infection or mucormycosis.
How does black fungus enter the body?
Black fungus infection is caused by a group of molds (mucormycosis) that live in air, soil, or food in the atmosphere and enter the body through the nose, mouth, or eyes and if not treated in a timely manner. Can also affect the brain.
Symptoms of black fungus (mucormycosis)
- Following are the main symptoms of black fungus
- Nasal congestion.
- The black crust in the nose.
- Facial pain.
- Swelling of cheeks and eyes.
- Loosening of teeth.
- Pain in the eyes.
- Decreased eyesight.
- To be confused.
- Changed mental state.
Can you get both Kovid and Black fungus infection?
According to ICMR, the risk of black fungus infection is higher in Kovid-19 patients. These include patients who were taking steroids during treatment and were in the ICU in the hospital for a long time. Reports have also claimed that a covid patient may also be a victim of this rare fungal infection.
According to a report by MedicineNet – Black fungus infection can happen to people who have tested Kovid and are suffering from existing concomitant diseases like diabetes or HIV.
Prevention of black fungus (mucormycosis)
- According to Dr. Saumitra Rawat Indian National Task Force member Dr. Saumitra Rawat’s recent statement on India TV – When a person sees symptoms like a tooth, eye or head pain, or eye blurring, chances are that He suffers from a black fungus infection. In such a situation, the doctor should be consulted immediately. Doctors suggest maintaining good hygiene along with treatment to keep the patient safe from the black fungal infection.
- Take baths daily and gargle with hot water in the morning and evening.
- Special attention should be paid to cleaning / cleaning the nose and mouth.
- People with diabetes control their sugar levels even after recovering from Kovid-19.
- Follow social distancing regularly.
- Wear a mask regularly.
- Special attention should be paid to cleanliness.