Advantages and disadvantages of lemongrass
Lemongrass is a medicinal plant containing herbs. The scientific name of lemongrass is Cymbopogon citratus. Its fragrance is like lemon. Lemongrass protects the human body from many diseases and infections due to its antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties, which it is called a medicinal plant. Water, fat, protein, carbohydrate, iron, magnesium, calcium, sodium, potassium, phosphorus, copper, zinc, manganese, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B-6, niacin, riboflavin, selenium, etc. are found in sufficient quantity in lemongrass. go.
Advantages of Lemon Grass
Following are the main benefits of lemongrass:-
- Increases immunity: Lemongrass has anti-bacterial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties, and being rich in vitamins and minerals, it increases the immunity of the human body.
- Controls cholesterol: Regular consumption of lemongrass reduces bad cholesterol present in the human body and controls cholesterol.
- Removes stomach-related disorders: Lemon has antiseptic properties, due to which regular consumption of lemongrass tea ends stomach gas, constipation, acidity, vomiting, diarrhea, etc. The digestive system becomes healthy and healthy.
- Reduces body weight: Due to the detoxification of the body with regular consumption of lemongrass, the toxins come out of the body through urine and the weight is reduced.
- Increases Metabolism: Regular consumption of lemongrass reduces unnecessary fat from the body and increases metabolism.
- Keeps healthy by removing kidney disorders: Due to the diuretic properties of lemongrass, you have to go to urine again and again after consuming lemongrass, due to which the toxins of the body get out of the body through urine and the kidney is healthy. She goes. If there is a stone in the kidney, then regular consumption of lemongrass tea breaks the stone and removes it from the kidney through urine.
- Brings Deep Sleep: Lemongrass oil has sedative properties, due to which the consumption of lemongrass oil leads to deep sleep. People who are complaining of sleeplessness should use lemongrass oil. Regular consumption of it leads to deep sleep.
- Prevents cancer disease: With regular consumption of lemongrass tea, an anti-cancer element called citral found in it destroys cancer cells, which can eliminate early-stage cancer.
- Destroys Neurodegenerative Diseases: In neurodegenerative diseases, the neurons of the human brain begin to be destroyed. With regular consumption of lemongrass, the element magnesium found in abundance in it destroys neurodegenerative diseases.
- Beneficial in Arthritis: Lemongrass oil is found to have anti-inflammatory properties, due to which regular consumption of lemongrass oil is very beneficial in arthritis, joint pain, and swelling.
- Removes depression: Anti-depressant properties are found in lemongrass, due to which regular consumption of lemongrass removes depression.
- Eliminates Nail-Acne: By regular consumption of lemongrass, the anti-bacterial, antifungal properties found in lemongrass destroy the nail pimples from the root.
- Protects from diabetes: Regular consumption of lemongrass controls sugar in the human body and cures diabetes.
- Prevents Asthma Disease: The anti-allergic properties found in lemongrass by regular consumption of lemongrass protect against asthma by preventing infected cells from entering the lungs.
Disadvantages of Lemon Grass
Following are the main disadvantages of excessive consumption of lemongrass:-
- Complaints of excessive fatigue and dry mouth: Consuming lemongrass in excess can cause dizziness, excessive urination, excessive tiredness, and dry mouth.
- Irritation problem of skin and eyes: Excessive consumption of lemongrass oil can cause irritation of the skin and eyes.
- Miscarriage and period: Consuming more lemongrass increases the chances of miscarriage and period onset in pregnant women.
- Itching Complaints: Consumption of lemongrass in excess can cause allergic reactions such as swelling of the throat, chest pain, itching on the skin.
- Blood pressure may increase: Consuming lemongrass can increase the blood pressure of patients with high blood pressure. Therefore, patients with high blood pressure should not use lemongrass.
- Lower blood sugar levels can be caused by: Consuming more lemongrass oil can lower blood sugar levels. Therefore, a person with normal blood sugar should not consume lemongrass oil in excess.