Diet to control Hyperthyroidism Disease
In hyperthyroidism disease, due to the increased activity of the thyroid gland, the thyroid gland starts producing thyroid hormone in excess, due to which the thyroid hormone increases in the body. A person suffering from this disease should eat things that decrease thyroid hormone and those things which increase thyroid hormone should not be consumed.
It has often been seen that patients treated for hyperthyroidism disease are consuming those foods which are harmful to them, due to which their hypothyroidism disease is not controlled even after taking medicines. Avoid consuming those foods which are helpful in controlling hyperthyroidism disease. This is because they ask, “What to eat in Hyperthyroidism disease? What not to eat?” There is no information regarding this. In this article, light is being thrown in this regard, which after studying and getting information and implementing it can be very beneficial for the patients of hyperthyroidism disease.
Must eat to control hyperthyroidism disease (increased thyroid hormone)
- Consume foods rich in selenium (eg- sunflower seeds, oatmeal, tea, chicken, etc.).
- Do not consume soybean, cabbage, cauliflower, radish, turnip, mustard greens, tofu, and broccoli.
- Consume high-calorie foods (sweet potato, butter, gram, paneer, sago pudding, milkshake, flour without bran, bread, rice, sugar, creamed milk, jaggery, semolina, chocolate, honey, etc.).
- Eat a high protein diet (rajma, pulses, eggs, cowpea, chickpeas, etc.).
- Eat more caloric fruits (dates, bananas, oranges, mangoes, litchis, chikoo, etc.).
- High-fat foods (walnuts, almonds, peanuts, pistachios, flax seeds, white sesame seeds, melon seeds, sunflower seeds, fruit chaat, mustard oil, coconut oil, olive oil, sesame oil, sunflower oil, etc.) Consume.
- Consume foods rich in vitamin D (such as mushrooms, egg yolks, fish oil, etc.). Sit in the sun for 20 to 25 minutes every day.
- Consume calcium-rich foods (paneer, soy milk, almond milk, chicken, eggs, etc.).
- Take vitamins, minerals, and iron supplements on the advice of the doctor.
Do not eat in Hyperthyroidism (increased thyroid hormone)
- Minimize the intake of iodized foods (fishes, kidney beans, brown rice, milk, spinach, raisins, eggs, garlic, mushrooms, curd, potatoes, iodized salt).
- Do not drink water in between meals. Drink normal temperature water only after half an hour of meals. Do not drink too much cold water. If you feel thirsty in between meals, you can drink buttermilk. Do not drink water even before a meal. drink water half an hour before meals.
- Do not consume junk food.
- Do not consume the things that are forbidden by the doctor.
Note- This article is for informational purposes only. It should not be taken as medical advice. You must consult a doctor for your health-related problems.