Thyroid causes, symptoms, and treatment
- 1 Thyroid causes, symptoms, and treatment
- 1.1 Due to thyroid disease
- 1.2 Symptoms of thyroid disease
- 1.3 Types of thyroid disease
- 1.4 Treatment of thyroid disease
- 1.5 Home remedies for thyroid disease
- 1.6 Treatment with Yogasanas and Pranayama
- 1.7 Tests/chests to be done for the treatment of thyroid disease
- 1.8 What should a patient with thyroid disease eat?
- 1.9 What should a patient with thyroid disease not eat?
- 1.10 Ways to avoid thyroid problems:
Thyroid causes, symptoms, and treatment
All the diseases that occur in the human body are due to Vata, pitta, or Kapha dosha. If Vata, Pitta, and Kapha are eaten in balance by controlling food and lifestyle, then the human body can be kept free from diseases. When Vata and Kapha dosha occurs in the human body, a disease called thyroid arises. By balancing Vata and Kapha, a disease called thyroid can be cured of the root. Thyroid problems are more common in women and the elderly than men.
The thyroid gland is found in the human body in the front of the neck below the larynx, which is shaped like a butterfly. The thyroid gland is a very important gland of the human body, which secretes hormones called tri-iodothyronine (T-3) and thyroxine (T-4) which control all the activities of the human body. The Thyroid Stimulating Hormone Test (T.S.H.Test) controls the hormones tri-iodothyronine (T-3) and thyroxine (T-4) secreted by the thyroid gland.
The thyroid gland controls the amount of cholesterol, sugar, and phospholipids in the blood and the metabolism of proteins, fats, and carbohydrates, and heart rate, and blood pressure. It also controls bones, muscles, and sexual growth.
Due to thyroid disease
- Having more or less amount of iodine in the diet.
- Hormone imbalance in women during pregnancy.
- Overactive thyroid hormone due to mental stress.
- Excessive use of soy products in the diet.
- Consumption of more fried food and junk food.
- Getting fat
- Weight gain
- Having high blood pressure
- Having diabetes
- Having goiter disease.
- Having infertility
- To have an abortion
- Premature birth of the child.
- Hashimoto’s disease.
- This disease is genetic. If it happened to anyone in the family, it can happen to other members too.
Symptoms of thyroid disease
- Sudden weight loss or gain.
- Increase or decrease in pulse rate.
- Irregular menstruation.
- Untimely hair thinning and graying.
- Loss of ability to think.
- High blood pressure.
- Sore throat.
- Memory weakening.
- Swelling on the face
- Swelling or pain in the joints.
- Skin dryness and itching.
- Sweating more or less.
- Constipation, tension, and tiredness.
- Complaints of irritability, nervousness, and insomnia.
- Increase or decrease in metabolism.
- Getting osteoporosis.
- Insomnia, tremors in hands, and muscle pain.
- Loss of weight even after having more appetite and consuming more food.
- Infertility problems in women.
- Increased cholesterol in the blood.
- Swelling of face and eyes.
- Increased sensitivity to cold.
Types of thyroid disease
There are 4 types of thyroid disease:
- Hyperthyroidism Thyroid.
- Hypothyroidism Thyroid.
- Thyroid cancer.
In hyperthyroidism thyroid disease, the thyroid gland becomes overactive due to which the thyroid gland starts producing hormones called tri-iodothyronine (T-3) and thyroxine (T-4) in excess amount. In this disease, there is an excess of hormones called tri-iodothyronine (T-3) and thyroxine (T-4). This problem occurs more in women than in men. In this disease, metabolism increases, appetite increases, weight loss occurs, nervousness and irritability occur, sleeplessness occurs, pulse rate increases, osteoporosis occurs, hair loss starts, sweating. It comes more and menstruation becomes irregular in women.
In hypothyroidism thyroid disease, the activity of the thyroid gland is greatly reduced, due to which the thyroid gland produces very small amounts of hormones called tri-iodothyronine (T-3) and thyroxine (T-4) or production of these hormones. It just shuts down. In this disease, there is a deficiency of hormones called tri-iodothyronine (T3) and thyroxine (T4). This problem is more common in women than men. In this disease metabolism decreases, loss of appetite, weight gain, increases in blood cholesterol, loss of ability to think and understand, decrease in pulse rate, constipation, fatigue, and stress. Hair loss, increased sensitivity in winter, decreased sweating, swelling of the face and eyes, dryness of the skin and itching, and irregular menstruation in women, its duration is about 28 days instead of 28 days. It lasts for one and a half months and infertility can also occur.
Goiter disease is caused due to deficiency of iodine. This is known as goiter disease, which is cured by taking iodine-containing medicines by normalizing iodine.
In thyroid cancer, a lump is formed in the thyroid gland. As the lump gets bigger, it becomes difficult to swallow food.
Treatment of thyroid disease
If there is a thyroid problem, it should not be taken lightly. Regular treatment should be done by contacting the doctor immediately. Treatment of Hyperthyroidism Thyroid, Hypothyroidism Thyroid and Goiter is easy, which is easily cured by taking regular medicine by following a diet, apatheia.
In thyroid cancer, when the lump enlarges and takes the form of cancer, then the patient starts having trouble swallowing food or breathing, then in such a situation, its only treatment is surgery. In surgery, part or all of the thyroid is removed. Radioiodine therapy is done after surgery so that if any cancer cells remain inside after surgery, it is completely destroyed.
Home remedies for thyroid disease
- Mix 100 grams of gourd pieces, 5 to 6 drops of lemon juice, 5 to 6 mint leaves, 4 to 5 black pepper powder, and a pinch of iodized salt in a glass of water, grind it in a mixer and filter it with a cloth and empty the juice in the morning. The antithyroid property found in it reduces the increased thyroid hormone by consuming stomach, which is of great benefit in hyperthyroidism thyroid disease.
- Thyroid disease is cured by taking one spoon of basil juice mixed with spoon aloe vera regularly in the morning and evening.
- Taking one spoon of Ashwagandha powder with lukewarm cow’s milk at bedtime regularly balances hormones and cures the thyroid.
- Regular use of coconut oil in the form of cooking oil is very beneficial in thyroid disease.
- Taking turmeric mixed with cow’s milk every morning and evening is beneficial in thyroid disease.
- Regular consumption of Kanchanar and Punarva mixed decoction is beneficial in thyroid disease.
- Regular use of one spoon Triphala churna with lukewarm water at bedtime is beneficial in thyroid disease.
- Mixing one spoonful of flaxseed powder in a glass of fruit juice or lukewarm water in the morning and evening regularly, the omega-3 fatty acids found in flaxseed control the functioning of the thyroid gland and thyroid. The disease gets cured.
- Mixing a spoonful of coconut oil in a glass of warm water and not consuming it regularly gives great benefit in thyroid disease.
- Grind 5 to 7 grains of black pepper and mix it in a glass of hot water and take it regularly, the element called piperine found in black pepper controls thyroid hormone, which provides great benefit in thyroid disease.
- Finely chop a medium piece of ginger and put it in a cup of water and heat it, when it comes to a boil, keep it to cool down, adding a spoonful of honey to it when it becomes slightly hot, taking regular intake provides great benefit in thyroid disease.
- Mixing one spoon of amla powder in a glass of lukewarm water and taking it regularly in the morning and evening, the anti-thyroid properties found in amla reduces thyroid, hyperthyroidism thyroid disease is cured.
If necessary, finely grind coriander leaves and mix them in a glass of lukewarm water and consume it regularly in the morning on an empty stomach, the anti-thyroid properties found in coriander leaves reduce the thyroid, due to which there is a lot of benefit in hyperthyroidism thyroid.
- Mixing 25 ml aloe vera juice in a cup of lukewarm water and taking it regularly in the morning and evening on an empty stomach or half an hour before meals, in the problem of hypothyroid, the thyroid gland starts producing thyroid hormone, which cures hypothyroidism thyroid disease. goes.
- Taking a cup of curd mixed with a pinch of black salt in the morning and evening provides great benefit in thyroid problems caused by iodine deficiency.
Treatment with Yogasanas and Pranayama
- Regular pranayama and meditation are beneficial in thyroid disease.
- Regular practice of Surya Namaskar, Matsyasana, Bhujangasana, Sarvangasana, Ustrasan and Pawanmuktasana gives great benefits in thyroid disease.
Tests/chests to be done for the treatment of thyroid disease
Thyroid Stimulating Hormone Test (TSH Test) This test is done to check the thyroid-stimulating hormone, through which the hormones secreted from the thyroid gland, tri-iodothyronine (T-3) and thyroxine (T-4) level/status. It shows. T.S.H. The normal level is 0.45 to 5.0 mlU/L. If in the investigation T.S.H. If the label of the drug is higher than the normal level i.e. more than 5.0 mlU/L, then it is confirmed to have hypothyroidism disease. If in the investigation T.S.H. A label of less than normal level i.e. less than 0.45 mlU/L indicates hyperthyroidism disease.
Tri-iodothyronine (T-3) test: In this test, hyperthyroidism is confirmed when the label of tri-iodothyronine (T-3) is high.
Thyroxine (T-4) test: In this test, hyperthyroidism is confirmed when the label of thyroxine (T4) is high.
Thyroid Antibody Test: Graves’ disease and Hashimoto’s disease are detected through this test.
What should a patient with thyroid disease eat?
The following things should be eaten by a thyroid patient-
- An Iodine-rich diet should be taken.
- Adequate intake of iron-rich green leafy vegetables, fruits, and a low-fat diet should be taken.
- A balanced diet containing vitamins and minerals should be consumed.
- Almond, cashew, sunflower, curd, carrot, ginger, coriander, wheat, jowar, millet, beans, fish, maize, gram, and fiber-rich diet should be consumed in maximum quantity.
- Olive oil should be used in food.
What should a patient with thyroid disease not eat?
The following things should not be eaten by a thyroid patient-
- Saturated fats (meat, fish), soft drinks, and other beverages (Pepsi, Thums Up, Coca Cola, etc.) should not be consumed.
- Consuming milk causes T.S.H. The label gets affected so milk should not be consumed.
- Junk food (pizza, burger, chips, chocolate, candy, etc.), intoxicating substances (alcohol, bidi, cigarette, opium, cocaine, etc.), and carbohydrate diet should not be consumed
Ways to avoid thyroid problems:
- Regular practice of pranayama and yogasana (Surya Namaskar, Matsyasana, Bhujangasana, Sarvangasana, Ustrasana and Pawanmuktasana) should be done regularly. Iodized salt should be used.
- Drugs should not be consumed. Fried things should not be consumed. A thyroid test should be done in case of sudden weight loss. A balanced diet should be taken.